20 Mar Very soon we will be together again
Tips in this difficult time
This is a very complex situation, in which the WHO has declared a pandemic alert status for the Covid-19 or Coronavirus. So now, we must pay special attention and follow the recommended guidelines:
- Common: fever, cough, feeling short of breath, diarrhoea and abdominal pain
- Serious: pneumonia, significant difficulty in breathing and kidney failure*
* Severe cases usually occur in elderly people or those who have heart disease, lung or immunity problems.
- Frequent hand hygiene (washing with soap and water), especially after direct contact with sick people.
- Avoid close contact with people who show signs of respiratory condition such as coughing or sneezing.
- Maintain approximately one meter distance with people with symptoms of acute respiratory infection.
- Cover your mouth and nose with tissues or cough or sneeze and wash your hands.
What to do if I returned from risk areas?
If after 14 days, you are / have:
- Good health: you can continue with your usual life but it is recommended to observe your state of health before the possible appearance of fever, cough or shortness of breath.
- Respiratory symptoms (cough, fever or shortness of breath): it is recommended to stay in your usual residence and avoid close contact with other people (minimum one meter away). It is also necessary that you contact your local emergency number, informing of the travel history and the symptoms.
Always remember to follow the recommendations of the WHO and the local ministries of health regarding health and hygiene measures.
The current panorama
It is certainly a difficult time, but we are now finally, seeing the lights at the end of the tunnel.
In the last hours, various sources such as El Pais in Spain or the English BBC have announced great advances on the vaccine and the extinction of the pandemic we are facing.
They have indicated, following the WHO announcement, that the first steps will be the reduction of cases, then the overcoming of the discharges to the infected cases and later their extinction.
Thus, China begins to close its last coronavirus hospital especially created to fight this virus. There are not enough new cases to support them and some cities are already being less restrictive in regards to their quarantine measures.
A 103-year-old Chinese grandmother has fully recovered from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China.
Apple reopens 42 stores in China.
Good news from South Korea as well, where the number of new cases is declining.
Travel is our passion, it is multicultural and it is the joy of life. Therefore, we will together again soon.
From Coverontrip we want you to travel always with the greatest protection and premium attention to the traveller so that there is nothing more than enjoyment during your trip.
Hopefully the situation we are facing now will be over soon and you can come back to your well deserved trips with us by your side.